Thursday, June 22, 2006

Life ..


Many times I forget my very personal philosophy about life which is in three words “life is Love and war” … everything we do or face can be classified either as a love or a war .. Love is the merge of two powers and War is the struggle between two powers.

You might ask why we summaries life only in two things; “love” and “war” , I can not find better explanation than the duality principle which dominates our human thinking like the “good vs. evil” and the “black vs. white”. To complicate issues, the interesting thing about duality principle that its both sides have to exist at the same time, as by definition we can not realize one side unless it is contrasted to the other. We can not realize the light unless we know the darkness, similarly it is completely unrealistic to hope to free our life of war because then we will not able to realize and taste love.

Even if we adopt the duality principle, I know that for many of us, love is not the opposite of war and vice versa, but when I look deeper into the meaning of both words I find it clear that love is about unity and war is about separation, love is about embracing the other and war is about rejecting the other, love is about new life and war is about death. I just took the word love from its limited definition as “mere feelings” to wider definition that is close to be “source of life” and “way of living”.

The implication of this “love vs. war” is so fundamental, as because of it the question now is not whether we should live or die?

The question now is ….
For what love I may give up my life and die … or .. for which war I should keep my life and keep fighting?

In each step in our life we must chose a love to stick to and a battle to go through …

M. Habib

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home